If you have been in the subdivision you have seen construction going on next to Windsor's elementary school. The National Guard is putting in a gym for the kids and tennis courts but it has taken alot of tearing up the ground to get everything level. Anyway, I kept seeing rocks coming up so I decided to ask the guys if I could have some. Happily he said take whatever you want so I have and continue too. I think the people driving by must think I am crazy with my little self and my 4 year old taking rocks and throwing them over to the car. Alex and I have filled 5 wheel barrels which equaled 2 trips to the rocks and delivered them to the back yard. Today after I dropped Alex off I decided to go on my own with Aidan watching and I filled up the entire back of the car- up to the top of the seats with rocks. So this is what I have done so far and have more to do out back. I do feel good about it though, Kim next door said she has seen rock prices and they are expensive so at least I'm landscaping and saving money at the same time. Plus, I love to do anything physical even though I am now writing to take a break since I'm exhausted!
The picture didn't turn out very good but this is a picture of Aidan's rash from his week of sickness. I don't know what I'm going to do with the little guy he always is getting sick at the change of season and he's not the one in school or having playmates over for visits. He had a 103 fever on Tuesday which scared me to death and after our Dr. visit I found out his throat was swollen and it was just a virus. He is feeling much better today since he is now carrying me food items out of the refrigerator to open!
We have been crazy busy with life. I have been working on our plumbing/water issues and everything is resolved! Alex had a fun time in the process trying to suck the water out of the toilet 'like the plumber did' with a shop vac which made for another hour of cleaning up water but heck I probably would have tried too, his job looked like fun or at least that part.
So that's it for me. I'm tired but headed up to get ready for the grocery store visit. Um, fun!
Friday, October 3, 2008
CRAZY ROCK LADY!
Posted by Kim at Friday, October 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
you are so energetic. that's a great idea to ask for those rocks!
Post a Comment